Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha my 2004 Toyota rav4 has a unique stabilisation sound that goes off when I am cornering anywhere between 35 and 55 miles per hour this almost always occurs when I am on a freeway and it causes my brakes to correct as if I was out of control this is quite dangerous and I need to know the source of this problem. I did try it aftermarket scanner but it did not read my system so I'm unable to get a digital confirmation of the source.

I cleaned off the magnetic ABS sensors they weren't really bad to start with but it actually made it even more sensitive for now just for safety purposes I have disconnected the fuses associated with this automatic safety precaution because it causes more danger than benefit

I haven't yet cleaned out the teeth of the spline on the front wheel drive I'm hoping that will make a difference but I don't think it will it almost feels as though there is a fulcrum built into the car and when the fulcrum is off balance that automatic causes a car to break is there any such sensor that does this? any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention the icon turns on when this occurs is the one where the car is swerving the ABS sensors do not come on

1 - 2 of 2 Posts