Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there... i have an Rav4L 1999, 2.0 Automatic...
This morning i had a surprise... i suddenly realized that the engine is not running... and i was going off the hill in "D" (Drive)... is thats ok?
Then i stoped... put in Park... switch ignition... everything was ok... i continued my way and noticed... than when rpm goes close to 3000 the engine is starting to stall... what could it be?
I tried to accelerate while in PARKING... same thing... when rpm goes to 3000 - engine is off...
While running... no CHECK ENGINE (MIL) light... everything seems to be ok... just that 3000 rpm thing... can anyone point me into right direction??? please...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For now I tried that battery off stuff... no use... same problem...
Tried to open fuel tank cap... no use...

Also noticed that CHECK ENGINE (MIL) light was on for some short time... about 3 engine start times... (one little ride about 2 km at very slow speed & RPM)... but now the MIL light stays off... dammit...
Maybe its the fuel pump or something?
Its hot in here... about 31 degrees of celsium... can that cause a problem?

added later
I should try to check the pressure in fuel line... just cant find where to cut into... can anyone point me? Or maybe someone have a picture or schematic where to find a fuel line... please email to me if its not too hard... email is: "megahiper AT inbox DOT lv"... you know... just replace AT and DOT :)... and thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FINISH - for those who are interested...
So now i have my RAVy back... and its revving like brand new :)
So what was done - as the mechanic explained to me the problem was with timing belt... it misplaced somehow... it appeared to be about 1 cm backwards... (he showed me the cheme and explained so)... and thats why the timing wasnt right... so simple... just cant imagine how that happened?? :) just drowe over some rails on about 70 km/h... dunno...
Also the puller (stretcher) roll was at the most place... i mean that roll was not able to stretch the belt any more... and maybe because of the lax (dissolute) belt it just turn some ticks away from normal...
So they changed timing belt, two rollings, water pump and coolant (antifreeze)... and that cost me about 340 in US bucks... not bad i think... other service calculated that with original parts to me for ~900 bucks... dammit... but i believe these non-original thingies wont be bad at all... dunno...
So anyone with similar problem should chech the timing belt... hope that this will help to someone...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
megahiper said:
FINISH - for those who are interested...
So now i have my RAVy back... and its revving like brand new :)
So what was done - as the mechanic explained to me the problem was with timing belt... it misplaced somehow... it appeared to be about 1 cm backwards... (he showed me the cheme and explained so)... and thats why the timing wasnt right... so simple... just cant imagine how that happened?? :) just drowe over some rails on about 70 km/h... dunno...
Also the puller (stretcher) roll was at the most place... i mean that roll was not able to stretch the belt any more... and maybe because of the lax (dissolute) belt it just turn some ticks away from normal...
So they changed timing belt, two rollings, water pump and coolant (antifreeze)... and that cost me about 340 in US bucks... not bad i think... other service calculated that with original parts to me for ~900 bucks... dammit... but i believe these non-original thingies wont be bad at all... dunno...
So anyone with similar problem should chech the timing belt... hope that this will help to someone...
Toyota are known to jump teeth on the belt.

Performance Toyotas have a tensioner that has to be pressed to a tonne before installing the RAV just has a wheel that is 'hand tight' :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts