Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Limited - Sliver
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2021 Limited. Is the start / stop feature standard? If so, I don’t have it…. Yay!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Just bought a 2021 Limited. Is the start / stop feature standard? If so, I don’t have it…. Yay!
Welcome to the forum.

This should answer your question. This is from the 2021 specification sheet:

Azure Rectangle Line Font Screenshot

I have attached the full document. It might have additional information for you.

Attachments

Reactions: ncej

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,992 Posts
Hmmm…I wonder if the start/stop feature can be disabled with TechStream? I drove a rental car with it and it was a nuisance.

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
671 Posts
Hmmm…I wonder if the start/stop feature can be disabled with TechStream? I drove a rental car with it and it was a nuisance.
Techstream won't do it. However there are several threads in this 5th gen forum on how to disable auto start/stop. You only have to remove the wire going to the hood switch.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I'm glad mine didn't come with it. When I had BMW, they gave me a loaner one time which had this feature. It was very nerve racking while sitting a t a stop light. The engine is not running and you're sitting there hoping the engine will start back up again. No thank you.

Reactions: YoursTruly

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have no concerns with the S/S function. It works well and I hardly notice it now. Maybe it works better on the hybrids? I'm glad that my engine isn't running while I'm stuck in traffic or waiting for a long light. And especially considering recent gas prices, whenever I fill my tank, I thank the "tree huggers" for developing fuel efficient cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts