Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Base V6 4WD model. I have to put township stickers on the windshield. Problem is, these stickers have a really bad adhesive, and it is almost impossible to pull them off next year, when the new stickers comes in. They leave really bad marks on the glass and I hate that. Any suggestions to solve this problem?

I was thinking I could use static clings, if they make it in transparent. And put the sticker on top of that. But I don't know where I can get those. Tried the local AutoZone type of stores with no luck. Any ideas?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Judhishthir said:
I just bought a new Base V6 4WD model. I have to put township stickers on the windshield. Problem is, these stickers have a really bad adhesive, and it is almost impossible to pull them off next year, when the new stickers comes in. They leave really bad marks on the glass and I hate that. Any suggestions to solve this problem?

I was thinking I could use static clings, if they make it in transparent. And put the sticker on top of that. But I don't know where I can get those. Tried the local AutoZone type of stores with no luck. Any ideas?

Any other ideas?
have you try Home depot?

·
Registered
218 Posts
The problem is that most townships in the Chicagoland area are not to keen on the idea of the vehicle stickers placed any other way then by their adhesive. Otherwise, how do they know you're not moving the sticker from vehicle to vehicle? I know the Chicago cops (when in a foul mood, which is always) will ticket you if they see a city sticker not properly adhered to the windshield.

That being said, use a straight edged razor balde to peel off the sticker and, then use Goo Gone, WD 40, etc. to clean off the residue. It's a little time consuming but, not terrible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have another method to suggest. I used to do this with my State Park stickers. Put vasoline on the adhesive side. It will still stick to the windshield, but you can easily peel it off and simply clean the vasoline off with 409 or other cleaner. Just use enough vasoline to take the tack off of the adhesive. Of course I only did this to make the sticker easier to remove, not to move it from car to car. ;) Go ahead and try it with another sticker to see how well it works.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nail polish remover gets rid of sticker marks really really well. I have not tried it yet but a lady told me...honest....

H

·
0 Posts
Way back when I was in college and had parking stickers, we stuck the sticker on cellophane (plastic wrap) and trimmed to fit. If you lightly moisten the windshield, the sticker will stick. Easily removable when we wanted to transfer the sticker from vehicle to vehicle. Just moisten and stick.

Still use this method today with the beach parking pass. :idea:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" sponges work great too. Used it when I got my new Rav and the NJ motor vehicle inspection guy did a terrible job taking the NY DMV sticker off of the windshield (bought the car in NY, but live in NJ). Didn't want to see that mess on my shiny new car for the 4 year life of that sticker. The Magic Eraser let me clean around the new sticker very well. Don't work for them, but that Magic Eraser product just about literally has 1001 household cleaning uses.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
once i used just a little scotch tape on the corners of the stickers ... just enough to hold them on the windshield.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I saw a product in an Adavance Auto Parts store, do not remember what it was called but it was what you want, a product that you place your stickers on, and then it goes on the inside of the glass and peels off and back on when ever you want and you cannot tell it is there.

D

·
0 Posts
bzride said:
a flat razor blade will get any sticker gunk off the glass
Yeah that. Glass is the easiest thing in the world to rid of stickers. No need to pull the sticker off first. Just go at it with a razor....it'll peel right off.

R

·
0 Posts
monetnj said:
Don't work for them, but that Magic Eraser product just about literally has 1001 household cleaning uses.
Yes, I agree! My sister uses it for scuff marks on her dash and door panels and works great! Also, for you ladies, if you have scuff marks on your handbags or shoes, this works wonders too! Not to mention cleaning marks and crayons off walls, countertops, grout, etc.

ravgal

·
Registered
53 Posts
For you golfers, I've found that golf club grip solvent does an excellent job of getting rid of stickers and sticker gooo. Put a little on a paper towel and rub it off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts