Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 17" steel wheels on my 2008 Rav4. I like them other than they are getting rusty. Normally I don't care for wheel covers, but the ones on the 2016 Rav4 we just bought look rather sharp. Will these fit the steel wheels of a 2008?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have the 17" steel wheels on my 2008 Rav4. I like them other than they are getting rusty. Normally I don't care for wheel covers, but the ones on the 2016 Rav4 we just bought look rather sharp. Will these fit the steel wheels of a 2008?
Hmm, well you could temporarily take one off your 2016 and see if it fits your 2008? There is a lot of interchangeability between the years, so it probably would work if both are 17-inch.

The only thing of note is there are two different style steel wheels for the gen 4.3 for the 17-inch and 16-inch stock steelies. (I think) some of the replacement covers for the 17-inch require the lugnuts to be removed and help secure the cover that way. My black 16-inch wheels have a deeper lip on the rim with prongs to insert, and the covers go completely over the lugnuts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone tried this? I might buy some of the new style covers for my wife's RAV4. Her steel wheels are starting to rust and I hate the chrome covers that came with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Has anyone tried this? I might buy some of the new style covers for my wife's RAV4. Her steel wheels are starting to rust and I hate the chrome covers that came with it.

I doubt it because the Gen4 wheels are very different than the Gen3 wheels. You can consider aftermarket wheel covers which is lower like these and have something to compare style with.

Those chrome wheel covers are wheel skins you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I doubt it because the Gen4 wheels are very different than the Gen3 wheels. You can consider aftermarket wheel covers which is lower like these.

Those chrome wheel covers are wheel skins you have.

Yeah the lower covers I'm assuming your talking about are only 16" though. Hers has the oem 17" steel wheels because hers is 4wd. It would be interesting to see someone try. The designs aren't that much different fundamentally. The spines are just slightly different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts