Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made a short video tonight using the lane keep/steering assist feature on the new 2016. The video shows how long approximately the Rav will drive its self. As I have said before the system works well for what it is intended but is not as robust as Tesla or Mercedes systems. The system handles long straightaways but curves are difficult for it to keep track. Please give me any suggestions for future videos. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/Ft-i7Fb2LQw

·
Registered
324 Posts
I find it funny that we have become so lazy that the car has to tell us to hold the steering wheel...lol

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
The smarter they make the cars, the stupider the drivers will become.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hmmmmm...

If you're doing this yourself then it is dangerous, and you're liable to get arrested for distracted driving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your earlier suggestion, I fully agree with you. It's interesting to note that with Tesla they actually took away some of the functionality from their autopilot system as it too tells the driver after a certain point to put their hands on the steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
10,199 Posts
Wow, now that's just plain scary! About all it's good for is beeping at you if you nod off - and you better wake up PRONTO before you're in the other lane or the ditch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts