Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the RAV to the dealership today for the 6 month oil change at 47K miles, and asked them to check out the clunk in the steering wheel. It's been coming and going for months now, usually in colder weather. The clunk wasn't as apparent today, but they agreed to take care of it after I mentioned the TSB. Amazingly, they actually had the steering shaft in stock, so I had to wait another 1 1/2 hours for them to replace it. The service writer says they do this fix on Highlanders a lot, but not so much on the RAV 4. This fix would have cost me $409.85, but my Toyota extended warranty took care of it. So if I add the previous water pump replacement ($483.90) to this job, the extended warranty has paid for $893.75 in repairs. Not bad for a warranty that only cost me $659. And it's still under warranty until November!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Let's hope that either there will be no further problems with your '08, or that any which will take place will do so before the November Extended VSA expiry date! I also got my Extended VSA for $659 from Jerry in my situation just before Toyota in its infinite commitment to customer service (!!) pulled the plug on offsite VSA discount sales.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts