Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Rav4, 104K miles, my wifes car. Im aware our Rav has electronic steering. When the steering wheel comes to the end of the radius the wheel is allowed to turn it hits the end stop and clunks. This happens when turning into a parking space or a driveway. My wife believes this is not normal, so asked me to ask the experts on the group here. Im thinking its the rubber stop bumper she's hearing and normal for the vehicle. Yes? Do I need to take to dealership for a diagnosis?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
2010 Rav4, 104K miles, my wifes car. Im aware our Rav has electronic steering. When the steering wheel comes to the end of the radius the wheel is allowed to turn it hits the end stop and clunks. This happens when turning into a parking space or a driveway. My wife believes this is not normal, so asked me to ask the experts on the group here. Im thinking its the rubber stop bumper she's hearing and normal for the vehicle. Yes? Do I need to take to dealership for a diagnosis?
I very rarely, if ever, turn the wheel all the way to the stops during normal driving. I would imagine if you did, it would make some kind of noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts