Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a V6 Sport. I would like to put in steering audio controls for my non-JBL system. I'm sure all the wiring is there. Anyone try it ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Audio Controls

Since I have not gotten any response on this, it look like I'm alone on this project. I signed onto the tis.tech.toyota web site and download all the info on this. Looks like all the wiring is there. All I need is the switch pad and new air bag cover. I have a dealer getting me a price on the switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cpufixer1, I am also curious about getting the audio controls added to the steering wheels as well. Please keep posting your findings :thumbs_up:

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im interested in this as well. i have a SPORT and could do with the audio controls. I know it was an option, but not one for my area!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm bringing up this thread agin due to the fact that it sounds very intresting. The link you are mentioning in your post "tis.tech.toyota" is not working. Do you have a replacenet for this? This woul'd be a great help.

Have a niche weekend,

StefanL

·
Registered
363 Posts
it is $10 for a 24 hour window and you can download to your hearts content, I did not like the fact that everything is broken down into little sections, you cannot download the whole service manual in one PDF file. If you have the full Adobe Acrobat package (not just the reader) you can combine the sections into one file and make your own index.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: Audio Controls

cpufixer1 said:
Since I have not gotten any response on this, it look like I'm alone on this project. I signed onto the tis.tech.toyota web site and download all the info on this. Looks like all the wiring is there. All I need is the switch pad and new air bag cover. I have a dealer getting me a price on the switch.
How's this project progressing? I have a Base model and am wondering if the wiring is there for us, as well...

Thanks,

DJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still can't get any part suppliers to tell me if they can the audio controls as part. This weekend I'm going to remove the air bag and check if the wiring is behide there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its been a couple of year since the last post...so I would like to get this going again.

I have a 2006 Sport Rav4 and this is the steering wheel cover that I have - pretty boring! :shock:

I was wondering if its possible to just buy the Cover - like this : 06-10 TOYOTA DRIVER AIRBAG COVER air bag 07 08 09 RAV4 | eBay - and then just put the guts from the airbag onto it and then just get the Audio controls from the Barn : Toyota Parts Cheap.com

Thoughts?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts