Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anone successfully swap out a 01-04 rav steering wheel with ones with music control button and got it to work with head unit?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one knows? or at least anyone know how much they cost?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I suspect no one has done such a conversion, that is why no one has responded. You would have to have a head unit that accepted the control wiring harness, I am sure.

Best
Ken

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i use an aftermarket unit which accepts the control, but can't find anyone selling the steering wheel with controller, i'm sure i can ask dealer but that's the last resort cuz it'll cost me a leg and an arm

·
Registered
147 Posts
Send me your steering wheel and I'll take mine off (it has the controls but I don't use them, after market head unit too) and send it to you! LOL

Or you could try calling your local wreckers, and pull one off a vehicle that's been in an accident (probably have to replace the airbag though!)

·
Registered
422 Posts
LOL! I was gonna post the same thing as Heinznfries! I hated the Rav's audio controls on the steering wheel. I put in a different head unit and didn't bother to spend the extra $100 to get and install the part that allowed the steering wheel controls to work with the head unit.

Really the controls aren't worth the effort, they are minimal at best. On the other hand, I kinda like (but still don't use very often) the steering wheel audio controls on our '06 Civic with Nav.

Becky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts