Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a 2016 RAV4 SE two weeks ago.

I noticed that when the vehicle is running and you turn the steering wheel fast like when you are parallel parking, three points turn, or just turn the steering fast when stationary, I can hear some whining noise from the steering wheel area.

Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this as well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When did you first notice the whining noise, day 1 or just recently?

I got our steering wheel centered few days ago (all is good now), and the mechanic that worked on our car explained to me the benefits of "electric power steering" being less costly to manufactured, less parts (no need of power steering fluid etc) and more reliable, however he did mentioned that some customers brought their cars in to check due to "sound/noise" from the electric power steering. I'm not sure if the "sound/noise" from the power steering = yours "Steering wheel whining noise". As for our RAV4 (1 month old now), I don't hear anything, its super quiet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, not like that. More subtle and not very loud at all. Sound actually like it is coming from behind steering column.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
No, not like that. More subtle and not very load at all. Sound actually like it is coming from behind steering column.

Thanks
That's good, I'm guessing there is nothing to it (since its just noise). Just get a mechanic to test drive with you when you bring your car in for the 6 month /8,000 kms service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, nothing to get worry too much about yet. Car only have 137 kms on it. I'll wait for the 8,000 inspection.

Otherwise, the vehicle drives fine and handle fine.

Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts