Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
A

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
For those of us who value the 3D configuration of a vehicle, that looks like something with less interior height than a RAV, too short to consider.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: Stiff competition for RAV4 will come from... [Mazda CX-7

autumnwood said:
Gorgeous looking SUV with 2.3L turbo engine tuned to [email protected] and max torque of [email protected] Must be a blast to drive this car. Zero to 60 below 7 Secs.
I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the exterior. It does look all "bubbly and bland" like the new 4.3, but....

If -- God forbid -- something were to happen to my 2005 S, I would consider the CX-7 long before a new 4.3 RAV4 strictly based on the Interior and the fact that they at least offer a navigation system (the 244 hp engine would be nice too).

"It's not a Toyota".. True, but then again, the 4.3 is not a RAV4 IMHO, it's a Hilander.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

Wayne said:
If -- God forbid -- something were to happen to my 2005 S, I would consider the CX-7 long before a new 4.3 RAV4 strictly based on the Interior and the fact that they at least offer a navigation system (the 244 hp engine would be nice too).

"It's not a Toyota".. True, but then again, the 4.3 is not a RAV4 IMHO, it's a Hilander.
Like you said Wayne, if GOD FORBID something were to happen to my baby, i'd probably consider the new Grand Vitara. I really like the looks and also it has so many accesories, actually 5 pages of accesories on their website :shock:! I'm just talking about exterior here, don't know about the interior cuz i've never been in one. The interior is important too, but IMO, i think that there's no point on having a great interior with an ugly or not-good-enough exterior.

I think i changed the subject a little bit :p :roll:.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts

its not a hilander,. Smaller and no parts in common.. Its a Rav4 IMPROVED> :)

Wayne said:
autumnwood said:
Gorgeous looking SUV with 2.3L turbo engine tuned to [email protected] and max torque of [email protected] Must be a blast to drive this car. Zero to 60 below 7 Secs.
I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the exterior. It does look all "bubbly and bland" like the new 4.3, but....

·
Registered
214 Posts

flyingn said:
its not a hilander,. Smaller and no parts in common.. Its a RAV4 IMPROVED> :)
Respectfully, You and I will simply have to agree to disagree. :)

I saw my first 4.3 RAV4 in the Toyota dealer's lot the other day and had to double back, get out of the car, and actually look at the sticker on the window (TWICE!!) to convince me that it wasn't the "2006 Hilander".

Except for what I would consider "model year changes", it looked virtually indistinguishable from the 2005 Hilander sitting next to it. I really did, honestly believe it was a 2006 model Hilander, and not the 4.3 "RAV4" (term used loosely).

I apologize. I'm not trying to be flippant or dismissive at all, I just think Toyota has destroyed a good thing, but that's nothing unusual for ANY auto maker. IMHO, Chevy did the same thing to the Corvette in 1968. We all got used to it years later, but I still wouldn't call the modern car a Corvette.

Wayne

·
Registered
233 Posts
With a starting price of $30,000 USD how is this stiff competition? :roll: Mazda interiors have yet to catch up with Honda/Toyota.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Omega Man,
You don't know what your talking about, Moron!
DETROIT - Mazda North American Operations today announced that pricing for the CX-7, the company’s all-new crossover SUV, will begin at $23,750 for the front-wheel-drive Sport model. Produced entirely on Mazda-derived platform architecture, the five-seat CX-7 embodies an astute blend of sports car verve and SUV practicality, resulting in a fun-to-drive SUV with Mazda’s trademark “Soul of a Sportscar”.

Wait a minute.... I am Omega Man> Can I get in trouble for personal attacks on myself?? :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
karrock said:
clare said:
Wonder when it will be rebadged as a Ford!!!!
Clare
The Ford Edge has been introduced at the North American auto show as well... Takes its design cues from the Fusion, which I think is a pretty snappy looking sedan in its own fashion...

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/08/ford-s-reflex-at-the-show-pictures/
See? Now THAT I would buy (even though it says Ford on it). Edgy, Masculine, looks like an SUV. I'd bet Ford and Mercury even give you the option of a NAV system..

Wayne

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$23,750 is a bargain for this car. Only If I live in the US, I'll place an order immediately. Sadly, it's not available anywhere in the world other than the US, at least for now. The car is specially targeting at the US consumers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Will definitely test drive the CX-7 & compare with the rav4.3!

I like the "sportier" aerodynamic mazda design, especially the 6-speed EAT. That ford Edge looks bland to me...

Rav on

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mazda is producing a few interesting cars recently. I drove a Mazda 6 recently and I was pleasantly surprised by the handling. It's good, really good. Not on par with BMW yet, but great feel of the road. This 244Hp 4Cl SUV is going to be a blast to drive.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts

absolutely Wayne!! No harm taken! I was just shocked that you think they are simular. They are very different in my eyes:)

Wayne said:
flyingn said:
its not a hilander,. Smaller and no parts in common.. Its a RAV4 IMPROVED> :)
Respectfully, You and I will simply have to agree to disagree. :)

I saw my first 4.3 RAV4 in the Toyota dealer's lot the other day and had to double back, get out of the car, and actually look at the sticker on the window (TWICE!!) to convince me that it wasn't the "2006 Hilander".

Except for what I would consider "model year changes", it looked virtually indistinguishable from the 2005 Hilander sitting next to it. I really did, honestly believe it was a 2006 model Hilander, and not the 4.3 "RAV4" (term used loosely).

I apologize. I'm not trying to be flippant or dismissive at all, I just think Toyota has destroyed a good thing, but that's nothing unusual for ANY auto maker. IMHO, Chevy did the same thing to the Corvette in 1968. We all got used to it years later, but I still wouldn't call the modern car a Corvette.

Wayne

·
Registered
132 Posts

autumnwood said:
Wow this car looks HOT!
-sportier aerodynamic look
-6-speed transm
-NAV system
Just seems a lot more exciting than the RAV4.3

There are some things the 4.3 has over it though:

-better mpg
-roomier interior (?)
-price(?)

If anyone test-drives it please let us know..
I will definitely hold off getting a 4.3, until I've compared it with the CX-7.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since I was quite impressed with my test drive of the Nissan Murano, I will have to consider the CX-7 and Edge. The Nissan is a bit too wide and definitely too pricey compated the the Rav4.3. Knowing my wife the mazda and ford brand name will already have two strikes against...

Edit: The CX-7 is about as wide as the Murano with less cargo space. The Ford Edge is not due out until 4th quarter 2006.

JCPZero

1 - 20 of 20 Posts