Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"ordered" 3-18-06. Today, E-Mail from salesperson said "nothing yet like you want. We are working with our Toyota rep who said the Limited V6's are coming, but no firm date yet.

Interesting: On Saturday, I noticed on the Toyota.com site that there is an "E-Mail us with questions or comments" box, so I clicked on it and said "I ordered mine on 3-18 and the dealer said they are slow in coming.....why?" I just wanted to see what they said...

reply from Toyota today....
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We apologize for your concern in trying to locate the RAV 4 that you want.

Our vehicles are equipped with options and in model grades that we have found to be popular in the geographic area in which they are marketed. Because of this, some options or model grades may not be available in your area, while other options may be, but as part of a package. We do extensive market surveys and studies to assist in forecasting product features and equipment that will be desirable to the consumer.

Our factory takes this market information into consideration when scheduling vehicle production. Please contact the Customer Relations Manager at your local Toyota dealership for further assistance in locating a Tundra (????, my comment) in the color, model grade and with the options you are seeking.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #2006xxxxxx. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

So, I wrote back: I did order mine as per the "Build your RAV4" on your website with the models and options for my ZIP code...Then I am to assume that cars are not produced according to 1st order in, first car out? And, theat cars are produced in groups, so if they produce V6 4WD's the second week of March, that they may not produce any more V6 4WD's until the end of May (for instance). We will see what they say.

I thought it couldn't hurt to ask and may have also broken loose a car like what I want. (Kristi just got one in, so why can't my dealer?)

Stay tuned.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second response from Toyota.com.....

Today, I received a reply to my second question:
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We apologize for stating Tundra when you have ordered a RAV4.
(That was for my question marks)

The RAV4's are built on a daily basis with the options ordered by our regional office.

They still don't say if a L4 Base is produced and then a Limited V6 right behind it, so it's was kind of a non answer. But at least they did respond, so that makes me feels better.

Now to wait another week for the dealer to get his next "list" of what's coming into the port....
Thanks for listening to my minor mental breakdown...

E

·
0 Posts
Thank you for sharing, MoonRAV4.
I'm sorta in the same boat ... ordered a Pacific Blue V6 Ltd. 2 weeks ago but heard nothing thus far ... they haven't even charged the $500 deposit on the credit card I gave them.

B

·
0 Posts
MoonRav,

I've got another one...with taupe leather (it's not in my list of inventory because I don't have the invoice yet but it is very similar to the one monetnj just picked up and will be similar in price)...if you want it, it's yours.... respond fast...won't last long!! :D

~Kristi

·
Registered
218 Posts
I understand Toyota's logic behind the the inventory but, there has to be a better way at getting the options you want in a region.

I didn't find out until earlier this week (upon actually looking at the sticker) that the Sport we were sold actually has the Tow Package...something I didn't care for. I guess the only way they could find us a V6 Sport in the area is with the Tow Package.

I hardly think waiting two weeks is long. I had to wait 4 weeks for a '04 CR-V in blue.....that was ridiculous.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More than 2 weeks

I put the down payment on this car on March 18th. The dealer first said 3 to 5 weeks. At 2 weeks he said another 6 weeks. He only gets an updated list from the port sometimes once a week, sometimes once every 2 weeks. I'm hoping to see a car towards the end of May....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Forgot to add about your wait time MoonRav. I'd say that's quite a wait. Although searching through inventory in the area, I have not seen a single Evergreen model out there.

I have a scratched up Barcelona Red spare cover you can have. :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
We only ordered out Rav lomited V6 Everglade about 2 weeks ago an its in already, but we did have a hard time finding it. There were only something like 4 in the whole north east and only like 3 coming on the boat and this was the only one that had the features we wanted.

E

·
0 Posts
I hardly think waiting two weeks is long.
My gripe is not so much about the 6 weeks wait if I knew a vehicle is in the assembly line allocated to me. My gripe is that I was told 6 weeks and after two and a half weeks there's absolutely no status on whether I would get the vehicle I want at the end of 6 weeks. Like I stated, the dealer hasn't even taken the $500 deposit from my credit card and that means I have not been allocated a vehicle.

Again, it's not the wait. It is the "let's see if you're lucky enough to buy one of our hot cars" vibe I'm getting from Toyota that making me uncomfortable. I test drove the first gen RAV4 in 1996 but ended up with a Subaru Impreza Outback Sports and couldn't be happier. I'm still commuting in the Outback to this very day, 170K mi on the car and counting. If only the B9 Tribeca lived up to it's pre-release hype, I wouldn't be in this predicament.

P

·
0 Posts
epicurux said:
Like I stated, the dealer hasn't even taken the $500 deposit from my credit card and that means I have not been allocated a vehicle.
I don't think the lack of deposit necessarily means that. My dealer took my credit card info, never charged my card, and I picked up my RAV yesterday (after about 2 weeks).

Now, the bad story, my previous dealer also didn't charge my card, told me he ordered my RAV, told me it would be in "tomorrow" about 5 times and I never got anything after about 3-4 weeks. On my final call back, I learned he no longer worked at the dealership and had never ordered the car.

So ... one vote for good, one for bad. Good luck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DEPOSIT

As far as I am concerned, and from what I have read, dealers will get a deposit from you on a "car order" knowing that the car will be a long time coming. That way, in most cases, they have locked you into waiting for them, and then you can't go to another dealer. If your car comes in..fine, if it doesn't and you ask for your deposit back, they were just playing the odds of you spending your money there and no where else....

K

·
0 Posts
Don't know the laws in every state. In California, a dealer must give back your deposit if you change your mind for any reason. So, you're not locked into a decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts