Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm plotting something, and was curious to see what the stock horsepower for a '97 L with 4WD is (in the US). Also, if anybody can give me an average engine HP output for, say, a small- to middle-sized sedan, it would be handy.

·
Registered
779 Posts
You probably get 400 bhp out of the stock Rav, which increases to 550bhp with the ECT button in Power Mode, which incidentally also firms up the suspension, lowers it and makes the steering more responsive. Little wonder so many of us find all four wheels spinning and smoking when we pull away from the lights in our 4.1s.

No, not really, although how many of us use our ECT buttons like M buttons on the new BMWs? I do, in my dreams.

My guess is that stock Ravs have about 120bhp under the hood, comparable to a cheap, dirty and slow mid-sized sedan. I wish they put the newer Camry engines in these things rather than the less-refined old ones. If only a 1999 Rav had a 1999 Camry engine. Just imagine....................................

·
Registered
779 Posts
....which is why tire choice is so important. What use is 127bhp if you cannot get ALL THAT POWER down on to the road? :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
HORSEPOWER

Cubby finds you guys criticism about a rav4s horsepower hurtfull, not long ago, actually it was just before Christmas while out looking at lights, we came upon black ice and while checking out his differential lock he and I found it pretty cool to spin all four wheels in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th & 5th.
SO THERE :D :cheers:

vicco27.........Keep Rollin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts