Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2006 Rav4 V6 Limited and much to my surprise it came with Yokohama Geolandar H/T G91 tires insted of the Bridgestone Dueler H/T D687's that the 4 cylinder comes with. This makes me very happy as I was already shopping for tires to replace the 687's that I thought it was going to come with.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I argee that the Geolandars are only marginally better but they should be good enough to last me until next fall when I will buy winter tires for all four corners. I will have to go with 235/65/R17 size and so far I am considering the Pirelli Scorpian Ice & Snow, the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-18, and the Michelin Latitude X-Ice (which I think are not available in this size in the USA, at least tirerack does not show them). I had the Michelin's on my 1997 Rav4 and they were great in the winter and summer. I can drive with soft tires all year because I only drive about 12,000 km/year. I replace my tires every 4 to 5 years because the rubber is getting old, even though they have lots of wear left.

S

·
0 Posts
Harold said:
I just picked up my 2006 RAV4 V6 Limited and much to my surprise it came with Yokohama Geolandar H/T G91 tires insted of the Bridgestone Dueler H/T D687's that the 4 cylinder comes with. This makes me very happy as I was already shopping for tires to replace the 687's that I thought it was going to come with.
I have the I4 Limited and mine came with the Geolanders. Regardless they are OEM tires, so we shouldn't expect allot out of them :D

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The Yokohama Geolandar 900 series got 5.5 for noise comfort and dueler 689 got a 6.6 on tirerack. The dueler is actually quieter.

S

·
0 Posts
bmorton said:
The Yokohama tire the RAV4 comes with is the G91A.
Yes it is. If you go on Yokohomas website you will see that it is built specifically as an OEM tire. OEM tires as a general rule are softer than replacement tires, for smoother ride, but tend to have shorter tread life. Portland Oregon roads are so bad I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. Sometimes I feel like I am off roading on the freeway :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts