Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

Ive got a 2011 Stock Standard Toyota 2 Din Stereo that i have installed in my 2001 Toyota Rav4.
Originally they were installed in Corollas and Hiace, Hilux models from Toyota.

The Stereo itself is great. Its simple, does Bluetooth Handsfree , USB, Iphone RDS Tuner etc.
What i want to do is upgrade my Speakers and add a small 40w Rms amp into the Circuit.

Googling the Model ( PZQ60-00513) i can find all the Pinouts. But nothing that suggests it supports Line Out / Pre out Outputs.
There are a few other Sockets on the rear of the unit - Which on the Pinouts Diagram says N/A.
Im wondering if possibly anyone has been down this track before.

I'll attach a Pic of the headunit.

Hopefully someone may be able to help.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I do that on a Ford and a Hyundai - you need to insert an output converter from High, balanced signal to Low, unbalanced line signal:

I used the cheap ones like Scosche and PAC in my older cars.

PS: You are lucky you don't have the JBL radio with separated digitally controlled amp :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sonic.

Thanks for your Reply.
That was the Route i was going to take.
I have an Alpine 2 Channel Amp that has both RCA Analogue inputs and also High Level Speaker inputs, so i'll have to use the High Input Option.
I just hope it sounds ok.. as i havent ever used the High input method before.

Its a pity those Toyota headunits dont have a Lineout / Pre Out Option.

I'll post how my system turns out.

Cheers

Ren

·
Registered
453 Posts
Indeed is not the prettiest way to do it, but in the OE world, they seldom (never) add low level outs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys.

I ended up ordering a Few Factory Toyota Plugs and Sockets and made up a Loom that allows me to Intercept the Highlevel Speaker outputs of the Factory Toyota TwinDin Headunit.

By chance had an Old Alpine 2 Chanel 30W RMS amp that supports both Low Level (RCA) and High Level Speaker Inputs which allowed me to couple it up with the Toyota Headunit.
So basically my Loom plugs straight into the Back of the Toyota Headunit and then runs to the Amp, then out from the Power Amp back up to behind the Toyota Headunit which plugs into the Existing Speaker Loom which would normally be plugged into the Headunit.

I installed it yesterday and have to say i am more impressed than originally expected - It works Mint.
30W RMS is totally plenty for a set of 6.5" Splits.. I now have quite a nice clean imaging Soundstage across the front of the Rav - and all from a stock Headunit.

If i decide to sell the Rav - the Headunit can be Returned to its Factory State in a matter of Minutes - as i haven't changed or altered any of the original Factory Loom.

Have attached some Pics.

Cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts