Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to turn on all the interior lights from the cabin without opening a door? I'd specifically want the rear overhead light to come on. Driving at night or early morning it is impossible to see our 10 month old in his car seat.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is there a way to turn on all the interior lights from the cabin without opening a door? I'd specifically want the rear overhead light to come on. Driving at night or early morning it is impossible to see our 10 month old in his car seat.
Can manually switch on at the light. Have to manually switch off when not needed.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can manually switch on at the light. Have to manually switch off when not needed.
Yeah, kinda hard to do from the drivers position though. I don't really want to leave it on for entire trips, in fact I believe that is even illegal here.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, kinda hard to do from the drivers position though. I don't really want to leave it on for entire trips, in fact I believe that is even illegal here.
Short of wiring a dash on-off switch to the light, maybe a battery operated led light for cupboards stick to back of front passenger's headrest will be more suitable.

Reactions: pico

·
Registered
197 Posts
I know this isn't the answer you are looking for but please don't keep a light on while driving in the dark. It is illegal for a reason. It actually creates a far more dangerous situation for you and your young one. It is much harder to see out of your windows things coming at you as the light is very distracting along with you constantly looking at your child. I actually ran a cheap rear view camera pointed at my kids seat when she was very young and had it hooked up to a small screen in my cup holder. Worked and I felt it was much safer.

Source: Father of 3.5 yr old.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I appreciates Butts' suggestion. Put the battery powered LED low on the back of the passenger seat. It is easy to reach, and gentle on the eyes of your child.

Keeping it simple.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I may end up doing just that. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I remember in the good old days pretty much every car had the same headlight switch. A big knob you pull for lights, and if you twist the knob it turns on all interior lights. Not sure why this has gone out of fashion. Well, not the big ugly knob, but the ability to turn on all interior lights. This is a family hauler after all. I’m sure any parent with little ones would appreciate the ability to turn on interior lights at the back to see the kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts