Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to test the brake assist part of the Safety Sense components. It never seems to do anything. While reading the owners manual, it mentioned that feature is not available in some regions. How can I determine if my 2016 RAV4 Limited Hybrid has brake assist? I am unwilling to purposely aim the car at something and drive fast towards it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
"Toyota's Brake Assist technology carefully monitors the speed and force with which the brake is pushed to determine whether a driver is attempting an emergency stop. If an emergency situation is detected, the system applies additional brake pressure to help generate greater braking force.Aug 2, 2010"

I was able to get the brake assist to kick in a couple of times, you need to be on the gas and get very quickly to the brake and apply good force, then you will feel the brakes come on very hard, make sure nobody is behind you ;-)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I guess I have the old system where when I see something big and ugly coming at me, my foot automatically applies extra pressure as needed. In case this system is incapable of stopping the vehicle in time, my jaw drops open and a high pitched emergency audible warning sounds.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I guess I have the old system where when I see something big and ugly coming at me, my foot automatically applies extra pressure as needed. In case this system is incapable of stopping the vehicle in time, my jaw drops open and a high pitched emergency audible warning sounds.

Er, do you (presumably) scream loudly enough for the driver of the oncoming threat to hear you?

:wink:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts