Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just arrived at my grocery store and started sipping my morning coffee when a older woman circled around my car and stopped her new Prius in the middle of the driving lane. She came up to my car and said “I don’t want to bother you but what kind of car is this? It is so nice” I said no problem and immediately started showing features and specs.. and said her friend had a Saturn Vue but did not like it. :?

I opened the door and asked her to have a seat and I went around to the drivers side and we chatted for 15 minutes. She loved everything about it and I guess I should also mention that I just washed it the day before.
She asked if I was a salesman and I laughed. :lol: She also said her son will think she is crazy to go into a strangers car. I would have let her drive but if anything happened I would have to pay.
Anyhow, that is the 3rd time I have been approached in 2 years about the RAV. At the moment the only thing that sets it apart this winter is that I left my spare Enkei Rim exposed.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well, that is neat. Just last night a Circuit City store employee helped me load a new TV that I just purchased into that back of my RAV. When he wheeled the boxed TV up to the RAV he was initally apprehensive about the huge TV fitting in such a compact vehicle.

I had removed the rear seats and once I opened the rear door, he was amazed at the large size of the space. The TV easily fit: no problemo. :D

He really liked the size and commented on how he liked Toyotas but wasn't really familar with the RAVs. 8)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Wow, you guys meet very cool people. I guess here in CA, well in Sacramento, people are like "whatever, it's just a car", unless i were the owner of a weird or expensive car, then people don't talk to you :(. Other Ravs owners don't really care about their cars. It's just a vehicle to drive. I haven't seen a Rav with anything other than the standard things you seen on them. Only once i saw a lady with the same car color i got with one of those massive bull bar, the one that covers the headlight completely. It looked cool but just a little too much for me. That's the reason why i decided not to buy one.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya Miriam I know what you mean. My sis lives in a very upscale neighborhood in Canada and we live in a totally normal place. When we would take her children for a long walk in the park she was amazed at how pleople including myself said hi to each other :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
mionee67 said:
Ya Miriam I know what you mean. My sis lives in a very upscale neighborhood in Canada and we live in a totally normal place. When we would take her children for a long walk in the park she was amazed at how pleople including myself said hi to each other :)
We live in a small town, so I know what you mean. I have visited relatives in Toronto, and people there are definitely friendlier than in a lot of other cities.... But hey, maybe if you post a few pics, we can all see what all those people were so impressed with...

Keep on Raving.....

Philo

R

·
0 Posts
.....and I thought that walking the dog was a way to pick up chicks. Just think, if you had a dog IN the RAV IN a grocerie store parking lot. :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.....and I thought that walking the dog was a way to pick up chicks. Just think, if you had a dog IN the RAV IN a grocerie store parking lot. :D

You mean borrow the cute neighbors dog :roll:
Hey you caught on to my trick. :wink:

:lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts