Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. Every one sorry this is my first post. Just got a second hand rav4 2door 1997 model. Just want to ask if anyone here encounter the same problem like mine. Everytime i take sudden movement like forward or reverse i here a sound at the back underneath. It is when i slightly step out of the clutch pedal immediately and going to jerk there will be the time always hearing that sound underneath. One mechanic says it might be the differential shaft or something... Do you have an idea? Thank you fo your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello..

thank you for your reply... unfortunately I can not view the link that you have given...

do you have an idea where to find a good mechanic shop here in metro manila? the first shop where ive been to is i think trying to make money out on me.. because he suggest to replace the differential. but he can not confirm and said finding a parts for this rav4 1997 model is hard to find.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
hello..

thank you for your reply... unfortunately I can not view the link that you have given...
I fixed the link--try it now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello... thank you admin.

i found a video here https://youtu.be/LYDk6O_z24s the part where there is a sticker with a barcode... what do you call that part? because i brought the unit and had it lifted. the technician saw that it is making a lot of movements..

may i also ask is that part connected all the way to the front? because that whole system is actually making a play movement. the technician said that those are the differential suppot front and back is need to be replaced. is that correct?

thank you for your time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts