Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I hope someone in the RAV4 world community could help with a strange problem. My 2005 RAV4 started rev up to 2000 rpm at cold start and gradually decrease to 800 then to 700 rpm in less then 10 minutes. After turning off the engine and waiting for over 30 minutes, start the engine, it does the same thing again. So I decided it's time to replace the temperature sensor thermostat and radiator water pump and radiator hose (upper and lower) original parts since 2005. After replacing and adding coolant startup and check for problems, it still rev up to 2000 rpm and decrease 700 rpm. I also let idle for more then 30 minutes to chech temperature gauge, it's normal but the cooling fan isn't spinning, check all the fan relays, test voltage connectors and wire harness, and fan motor, all in fine working order. Also check the coolant level in the radiator and the reserve. To my surprise both are empty, so add new coolant
Start and idle for 30 minutes, check temperature gauge, shows normal no over heating warning. Shut off the engine check radiator, no steam check for leaks, none check coolant, empty:confused: After all this I do not know how to proceed
Further. I do need urgent help. Thank you.

Sorry for the long post

·
Registered
4 Posts
same prolem here.. but i havent replaced any yet. mine does lose water about 1 glass even if the engine is turned off. no visble leaks. no water on the dip stick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe its rear head bolt got stripped.Its a common problem with the 1azfe engines.Here in the Philippines,ive fixed a couple of Rav4's using Helicoil thread inserts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts