Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Strange soft alarm under dash

781 9
Hi everyone. Just purchased a 2022 Rav4 XLE Premium Hybrid. Just recently it started sounding a soft alarm that comes from you for the drivers side dash. It happens every time I turn the car on and sometimes during the drive. No lights, or warnings pop up when this occurs. Car is driving great otherwise. Taking it to the dealership next week. Wondering if someone else was having or had the same issue.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
1,011 Posts
It’s very hard to describe so I added a video to my YouTube channel and here’s the link: 22 Rav4 strange alarm sound . No blinks or warning lights when it happens. Pretty confident it’s coming from the drivers side. Nothing I have noticed that triggers the alarm. Thank you all for your replies!
Your dealer put an aftermarket alarm system on your car. Have it removed; they're nothing but trouble and add nothing of value.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your dealer put an aftermarket alarm system on your car. Have it removed; they're nothing but trouble and add nothing of value.
what? This is actually a thing? One thing I didn’t mention is that I picked this car up the day it came off the truck. Had about 8 miles on it so I doubt they put an alarm on it knowing I was coming down to pick it up asap. The memory seats were not working at first but I figured out that they need to be calibrated which the dealer or manufacturer does. I’m wondering what else has to be setup or calibrated. So lost. Scoured the internet but can’t find anyone with the same issue. The service rep at Toyota had no clue either.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I agree. I was able to stop my dealer from cutting into a brand new Japanese built wiring harness. I truly believe that these aftermarket dealer installed devices can cause havoc on new car electronics. I was lucky that the previous dealer that my dealer got mine from hadn't installed anything yet. By the way, the dealer tries to tell you that it's necessary but the truth is they install them to keep cars safe on the lot and then charge you even more to activate it. If it's not activated, the components remain in the car and can cause issues later dependent to how well the original install was done.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
1,011 Posts
what? This is actually a thing? One thing I didn’t mention is that I picked this car up the day it came off the truck. Had about 8 miles on it so I doubt they put an alarm on it knowing I was coming down to pick it up asap. The memory seats were not working at first but I figured out that they need to be calibrated which the dealer or manufacturer does. I’m wondering what else has to be setup or calibrated. So lost. Scoured the internet but can’t find anyone with the same issue. The service rep at Toyota had no clue either.
Yes, most dealerships will add a bunch of crap to the cars they sell and force you to buy it. Look over your invoice/window sticker. I'm 100% certain the sound you're hearing is an aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,969 Posts
Many of those "alarms" just plug into the OBD port; five minute job at the most. Check your OBD port to see if there is something added there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts