Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning couple days a go in my car I looked at the astray, under the radio, it was very dusty inside, so I decided to take it out. Before I puted it back I've notice that there were some wireattached to the plastic cover that was in the hole that is noramlly used to seat heater buttons. Does anyone know what could it be?? :?:

T

·
0 Posts
Alien18 said:
I was cleaning couple days a go in my car I looked at the astray, under the radio, it was very dusty inside, so I decided to take it out. Before I puted it back I've notice that there were some wireattached to the plastic cover that was in the hole that is noramlly used to seat heater buttons. Does anyone know what could it be?? :?:
I have that too on my 2005 S Edition. Actually, there are four of the little blank panels where toggle switches/buttons/etc would go. I pulled off all 4 of them and noticed that there is wiring ran to 2 of them. I have no clue what the wiring is for. I'll try to get some pics if I can and post them up.

T

·
0 Posts
Ok. I just ran outside and snapped some pics. What is this wiring for? It goes to two blank panels.

·
Registered
771 Posts
On the 01 the swithches are on the left under the turn-signal. They are for Seat Heaters/ Moon roof tilt and open and / tire presure sensors. You could use them for aux trail lights and maybe accent lighting (neon or LED perhaps). use your imagination. The reason the wires are attached to some of the blank spaces is because they are part of the wiring harness and used for items that can be added at the dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know of all the factory option switches that were available? I too have the two wire harnesses run to the middle two switch blanks. I'd like to know specifically what those wires were for to see if there are any options I can add easily.

Were the seat heaters located in the middle by default? What else was down there? Center diff lock, etc?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts