Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a set of Monroe struts and new bearings for my 08 limited since one strut was leaking.I pulled the struts and had a shop swap out the old for new.I then installed them.Now I got a noise in left one for sure that sounds like it is from bearing area, also it may be in right side also?.Only happens when sitting still and turning wheel or slowing backing in or out of parking spot or driveway.Not a real loud noise but there none the less.Was not there before.Kind of like a clicking but not?.Had a few people listen and they could here it also.They at first thought an out CV, but it does it when sitting so should not be that.Jacked front end up and could hear it also when turning wheel.Pulled left strut out again and could not find anything wrong.The rubber part of the upper mount does make a noise when turning wheel.Not sure if that is it or not.Can hear it mainly when in car and not when outside of car.Strange.Any ideas?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Monroe struts are not the best, I would prefer KYB. You mentioned bearings--did you replace both upper strut mounts? I would not replace the struts without putting in a new set of strut mounts, preferably OEM. A lot of the aftermarket mounts don't hold up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts