Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 2 door, 4WD, 5 speed RAV4, and I am trying to install a Cusco strut tower bar. The instructions are all in Japanese. Does anyone know how to install this bar, because mine doesn't have enough room to fit around the battery. Also, do I remove the metal pieces that are under the bolts on the strut tower, or do I install the bar over the top of them. Thanks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Remember if that bar was designed for a Japanese RAV4, they have the steering wheel on the right side and there may be other design differences as well under the hood.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
It depends on what model Cusco bar you are using. If it is the OS, that one requires a smaller battery... If you search on the forums there are several threads regarding that bar, and several members had purchased a smaller battery to be able to fit the Cusco OS bar. There is a factory bracket on each strut tower that is removed when installing the aftermarket bar. I don't believe the aftermarket bar would fit with the stock brackets still in place.

As mentioned, you may want to list your location in your profile, as the RAV4 models vary in different countries.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
According to my little birds, he is in Houston Texas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts