Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time to buy some front struts for my RAV for Christmas, though I'm not looking forward to spending the $$$, which I recall as costing over $550 :shock: (for KYBs) once installation is included.

The place I'll get the struts replaced offers Monroe and KYB. Earlier in the year (April?) I had them replace the original rear shocks with KYBs. I suspect the Monroe struts will be a little softer, the KYBs a little stiffer.

Which would you buy, and why? :?:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
If your choice is limited to those two brands, I can't help much since I have had little experience with those.

I would recommend either Tokico or Bilstein. I have been particularly impressed with Bilstein shocks and struts. They can last well over 150k miles. I have personally experienced that. Koni makes perhaps the best sport models but they tend to be costly.

Also be mindful that there may be different models of a manufacturer to select from such as a normal oem replacement, or a sport or stiffer valving version. Which works best for you depends on your tastes and vehicle use. When you are comparing struts be certain to ask for the model number or version as they can vary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts