Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my struts are stot or at least the inserts are. When going over even the smallest bump, it pops and I bounce all over the place. The mounts appear to be in good shape and the spring coil also looks to be good, but the inserts have leaked so much oil, I dont think they have any oil left in them.

My question or questions are do I need to just purchase new inserts or strut assemblies or new mounts as well? Secondly where can I get the best price on a good quality strut

·
Registered
542 Posts
sorry, no idea. i put bilstiens in mine & never looked back (well only to see the wide-eyed faces of drivers who try to follow me around corners!!).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
peterpogi2005 said:
sorry, no idea. i put bilstiens in mine & never looked back (well only to see the wide-eyed faces of drivers who try to follow me around corners!!).
here in the wide open spaces of West Texas, I do not have many corners to be concerned about. I just need something that will offer a smooth ride over the rough roads

·
Registered
542 Posts
bilstiens are definitely off your list then!! try tire rack for kyb shocks or something similar. my advice would be to avoid the really cheap & crappy no-name brands.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to replace my struts about a month ago. I went with the KYB's and they work great! I have a much stiffer ride, and my Rav doesn't bob up and down for half an hour after going over a small speed bump.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I also bought KYB's from tirerack, waiting to get them installed with some TRD lowering springs... 8)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need something with a smoother ride not so much performance. Actually I ordered some Monroe Sensa-tracs today from rockauto.com Some of the best prices on the net

1 - 10 of 10 Posts