Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently changed the clutch in my old 1995 rav and since then the front outside wheel and back inside wheel has been skidding when I turn hard left or right, also the beeping noise it makes when the dif is trying to disengage after having it in 4wd stays on unless in 4wd. I suspect that is stuck in 4wd, does anyone know how to get it out? Thanks

· Registered
621 Posts
Your Rav4 is always in 4-wheel drive, the switch locks the center differential for the very rare times you need it; and the beeping is telling you the center differential has not yet unlocked.

Reactions: Freebie

· Registered
12 Posts
Your Rav4 is always in 4-wheel drive, the switch locks the center differential for the very rare times you need it; and the beeping is telling you the center differential has not yet unlocked.
Thank you for that. I knew I didn't know how that switch operated. Now I do, and now I know why my 2000 4x4 drives so well without the diff lock. Seriously, I am not being sarcastic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.