Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I'm trying to get to the water pump/timing belt on my 2000 Rav4 and have come across some difficulties. I have already removed the side mount, however now the mounting bracket is in the way and it won't seem to budge. I believe there 3 bolts attaching it, and I may have only removed 2 so far and am having trouble finding the 3rd one. Anyone been through this before? Seems like I can't get it away from the timing belt cover no matter how hard I try.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I don't remember big problems on the engine mount -- the power steering pump's mounts were the most difficult, as well as having a very strong air gun for the crank/dampner bolt. Is it one that needs accessing through the right front tire's well? Have the engine supported by a floor jack so that you can raise and lower it a little to improve access?

Be safe!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I definitely have the engine supported, and it seems the only way I can access it it by lying under the car, I can't access it through the tire well. Looking at the diagram though, there might be one more bolt keeping it in, I just can't find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts