Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Bullbar on or take off ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my brand new rav4 (decided I prefer 4.2 when i sae the 4.3 pics) in the uk I had what they call the Style Collection which is nothing more then the steps on the both sides and back, what i did not know was that it also meant a chrome rav4 bullbar.

I am not sure whether I like it or not, I know that the black plastic part has to be colour coded if I decide to keep it on, what I wanted to find out was whether I can remove that bullbar and if they'll be any holes left o the bumper if i do that ?

Pic of the bumper is in my Gallery. http://rav4world.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=605

Can someone with DIY knowledge do ? or speacilist only ?

PS - awesome motor,loving it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Its different looking if its any consolation to you. I think its alright. Leaving it on would of course be the easiest thing to do. If it were mine I would pull it off and see what kind of holes are left behind but becareful that its not glued on.

Leave it for a while I bet you get comments on it. I've never seen one like that before. Mean looking. Later. M. :?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've never seen anything like that before, but if it were me i would keep it just because it's different and it makes you stand out from the crowd. I like it :D, i think it would look good on my car :wink:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apprecaite all the replies, keep them coming PLEASE please.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it were me i would keep it just because it's different and it makes you stand out from the crowd.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Just ordered a new Black XTR. Told them I wanted the steps, & chrome surrounds but to skip the plastic & tin fake bull bar. I think it makes the car look fog mouthed when viewed from the front! Mr T's said it wasn't a problem as it was only a cosmetic after-thought designed to increase interest & to help shift the remaining 05 RAVs. I'd have it removed!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the chrome collection on my 2003.

Side bars, rear bar, rear light surrounds and the same front bull bars. I wasn't going to get it when I bought from new but I saw two RAVs side by side in the dealers and the one with chrome collection looked the business next to the naked RAV.
I nearly went for a late 4.2 model recently and thought about transferring the chrome as it is worth nothing on the resale, but costs a packet to buy. I changed my mind after seeing the 4.3 pics and will wait to see one of those in the showrooms first.

My advice - keep the accessories, bull bars are useful for parking close to a wall. Take them off only if they get damaged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts