Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our rear differential fixed by our local mechanic then received the letter stating it may be reimbursed. I sent all the info in then was denied. But when our mechanic and local Toyota deal talk about the problem and the reimbursement program it sounds like it's the same thing.

Has anyone received a yes vs all the denials I've been seeing? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
What year and model RAV is this? Since you posted in the 4.4 area it's possibly under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2008 rav limited. I spoke to Toyota today and they want more information about the coupling replaced.
I know nothing about cars, is the coupling part of the rear dif? I just want to make sure it's the same item that they are reimbursing. It is expensive and this would be nice to off set that cost that they are now warranting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also am not sure how to use these forums. So I may have posted incorrectly. Thank you for any info..... And

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Hi Libbyl123. There is a bulletin WAB2190 that covers the differential coupling which extends the warranty coverage. Usually there is a leak around the seal and you should hear a whinning sound. If you do a search you should find the bulletin. I heard that one member was denied due to the fact there was no whinning sound even though there was a leak around the seal.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I also am not sure how to use these forums. So I may have posted incorrectly. Thank you for any info....
The forum is divided by each generation of RAVs. Yours is a gen 4.3 which are model years 2006-2012. So you would post your question in the 'mechanical' or 'general' section of the 4.3 group. You've posted in the newer 4.4 gen area. Sometimes a forum administrator will move it to the right place. You should also fill out your profile to include your state/ country. Rules and the 'enhanced warranty' reference numbers are slightly different for Canada and USA

There are several links discussing this issue. Click here for more on the rear diff coupler enhanced warranty on the USA side of things:
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/99-4-3-mechanical/212361-differential-coupling-warranty-enhancement.html

Your claim from the independent mechanic might have been denied if it was determined the rear diff itself was the problem and not the coupler. If it WAS the coupler replaced, and it was on the work order, keep contacting the Toyota customer service--bump it up the chain of command. You could take your RAV into the dealer to inspect it and verify providing further proof. Good luck--sometimes the Corporate Office and the Dealer level don't see eye to eye on these enhanced warranty deals.

Let us know how it goes for you, and welcome aboard the forum.

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
Moved to correct area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts