Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a first time Toyota owner, I bought a tidy 2003 3dr D-4D NRG a couple of months ago with 93k miles on the clock. Since then I have done about 1500 trouble free miles. However on a 350 mile return from Lincolnshire yesterday, I was a bit shocked when accelerating up a hill at full throttle, around 70mph, on the outside lane of a dual carriageway - the engine seemed to cut out completely. Fortunately I managed to freewheel over to the hard shoulder before 3 following heavies caught up with me. Bizarrely, the engine restarted first time, and ran completely normally for the remaining 100 miles of the trip. I normally don't drive at either 70mph, or at full throttle, and have never experienced this problem. Vehicle MOT'd in March 2016. Any suggestions out there?

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Be aware that there are no diesel RAV4s in North America. A response would have to come from your side of the pond. I'm strictly guessing but it could be a fuel issue since it started and ran normally thereafter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts