Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
late 2015 Limited AWD

While driving today, I wanted to make a phone call, but noticed that the phone icon on the home screen had that little red cross slash indicating that the phone was not connected. Never had a problem before with this phone. Pulled into a parking lot and started checking what could be the problem. Phone buttons on the steering wheel are unresponsive. The "Phone" icon in the apps menu is greyed out. Going to the "Setup" menu shows that both the "Phone" and "Bluetooth" icon are greyed out.

The phone's bluetooth is on, (iPhone 5), and I tried to re-pair the phone to the car. After about five minutes of the car display screen saying "Connecting...", I gave up.

Any idea what went wrong. Everything has worked properly since I purchased the car and worked fine yesterday. All of a sudden, nothing. Any clue?

Additionally, what is the procedure to reboot the car's Entune system? I would have tried that, but can't figure out how to reset the software.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Push and hold the on/off/volume knob in until the head unit reboots.
Bless you, beyond measure.

(note of clarification to others: to reboot, the engine has to be running or in the ACC position.)

Rebooting the system cleared the gremlins and allowed the phone to be paired in short order. All is back to 'normal'.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Bluetooth is called that because your gums turn blue from gritting your teeth while trying to MAKE THE GD THING WORK.
It's like trying to make an anvil out of a cloud of smoke. We consumers have put up with this crap far too long.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Worthless trivia time. Since I have been working from home for so long I "learn" a lot having the TV on in the background. Bluetooth was named after a Danish (I think) King who united Scandinavia a thousand years ago. The Bluetooth logo is actually a variation of his crest. The thought behind naming it that was that Bluetooth was going to unite PC's with cellular devices as the King did in Scandinavia. I now return you to your normally scheduled broadcast. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Worthless trivia time. Since I have been working from home for so long I "learn" a lot having the TV on in the background. Bluetooth was named after a Danish (I think) King who united Scandinavia a thousand years ago. The Bluetooth logo is actually a variation of his crest. The thought behind naming it that was that Bluetooth was going to unite PC's with cellular devices as the King did in Scandinavia. I now return you to your normally scheduled broadcast. :)
Well, technically, you're right. BUT . . . I like my theory better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts