Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey newbie here! I own a 2001 white rav4 & am thinking of getting some 18" rims? what could you guys suggest? am just going for the JDM look, not interested in bling. pics would help as well :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Have you checked the members gallery?
You can see exactly what you may like, or get a general idea.
Such as Heavy spokes, thin spokes, 4 or 5 spokes, gun metal, silver or chrome. etc ..........
Really helped me

Good luck ,

Walt

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would you guys know what the correct offset is for the 2001 rav4? is it +35 or +42? :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rav4me said:
would you guys know what the correct offset is for the 2001 RAV4? is it +35 or +42? :)
either or would work, a +38 or +40 will work as well....depends on the wheel manufacturer.

I've had 3 different sets of rims on my rav,

18x8 BSA Wheels, 235x40x18 Nankang (not lowered)

19x7 Arospeed RSGT's in Hyperblack with Polished lip, 225x35x19 Toyo Proxes (lowered on H&R springs 1.6 inch all around drop)

18x8 HP Racing HPR5 in gold with polished lip, Hankook 235x40x18 (lowered on H&R springs cut to about a 3-4" drop)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Hi Shorty, Did you put Hankook Ventus‘s on your Rav? And what kind of tire pressure are you running on 18” x ? rims? 35pounds?

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I put Hankook Ventus’s on mine last week and man they hum bad from the rear where the wheel wells are inside the cabin.
I will have them rotated to the front to see if it is a single tire/wheel or to find out if the tire design is just noisy.
I have Enkei 18” X 7” with Ventus 235 50 18.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mionee67 said:
Hi Shorty, Did you put Hankook Ventus‘s on your RAV? And what kind of tire pressure are you running on 18” x ? rims? 35pounds?

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I put Hankook Ventus’s on mine last week and man they hum bad from the rear where the wheel wells are inside the cabin.
I will have them rotated to the front to see if it is a single tire/wheel or to find out if the tire design is just noisy.
I have Enkei 18” X 7” with Ventus 235 50 18.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt
..... walt im running 37lbs and i dont mind the sound, i dont hear it, i think the exhaust drowns out the noise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts