Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have ordered a 2006 V6 4x4 Limited in everglade metallic. I am planning on making a few internal (and external, but that's for the other category) modifications. I work for a major electronics retailer, so I get a fairly massive discount on install services. Anyway, here is my list so far.

1. Dynamat - Does anyone know what exactly the "sound dampening" in the Vehicle Shield package includes? I figure dynamat would be superior in any case.

2. Back up sensor - I've been looking on autotoys.com at these systems, and I think I'll get the flush mount sensor variety for a clean look. Has anyone had much experience with these systems?

3. Bluetooth handsfree kit. - Any compatibility problems with the stock stereo?

Does anyone have any additional systems they really enjoy? I'm a bit of a gadget geek so anything cool (that doesn't look stupid anyway) is fine by me.

Thanks in advance!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm... Wow! :) So, for the most part it looks like it's going to come down to the quality of the material. If they use anything decent I can't imagine that any additional applications would be necessary. Those TSB's are great. Thanks much.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Vehicle Shield Package, When did that option become available :?: Crap I don't suppose this can be dealer installed after the fact either. Looks like it's at the very beginning of the assembly line. Sure would have been nine. I hate it when they do mid production options :x

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think the Vehicle Shield Package is not a factory option. Looking through the pdf file, I could recognize a few dampening materials already already being applied in my vehicle. From the shot of a member installing new audio component on the rear gate, I could recognize the damping material as described in the pdf file. I also opened both the rear compartments that stored all the jacking tools and found the damping materials too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts