Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, this machine was getting a pathetic 21mpg in town most of the last 8 months through April. It's an auto AWD and I couldn't believe my eyes when the last few All City tanks returned 25mpg! I guess I'll keep her. Would it be too much to hope a highway trip this summer will get 29 instead of the 27 EPA :lol:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RAV4HER said:
Yep, this machine was getting a pathetic 21mpg in town most of the last 8 months through April. It's an auto AWD and I couldn't believe my eyes when the last few All City tanks returned 25mpg! I guess I'll keep her. Would it be too much to hope a highway trip this summer will get 29 instead of the 27 EPA :lol:
I've noticed the same thing. I've noticed an unusual decrease in fuel consumption in my two most recent fillups. It must be an improvement in my driving style (including the use of cruise control) or the use of summer fuel forumlation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
EHinthe604 said:
RAV4HER said:
I've noticed the same thing. I've noticed an unusual decrease in fuel consumption in my two most recent fillups. It must be an improvement in my driving style (including the use of cruise control) or the use of summer fuel forumlation.
That change in fuel mileage is normal with the different gas formulations offered in the summer versus the winter. Summertime gas actually produces more BTU's of energy than winter gas.
Interesting how that works.

·
Registered
388 Posts
plus it takes more power to move a cold car. In Fairbanks, AK, we get -40 degrees. Everyones mileage suffers a huge amount. I remember one time someones car wouldn't start (go figure) and we had to push it about 10 feet. It took six people to push it down a slight slope, definately in nuetral, definately no brakes on.

Off topic, but other interesting things happen. manual transmission vehicles drive forward in nuetral because the gear oil is so thick.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just returned from 353 mile summer roadtrip. 90% highway with the A/C running 75% of the time. Two passengers + loads of camping gear. 27.85 is my best tank to date. About a 2 miles per gallon improvement over what I would normally get. Would love to see an additional 4 mpg's but, not realistic with an Auto AWD. Well all right, especially with my driving habits. :wink: I'll take the 2. :D

RAVON 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts