Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use a sun roof deflector? I'm thinking of getting one to cut down on the noise when the roof is open. And is the spoiler thing that pops up there to keep the wind out of the back seat?

Thanks,

Scott

E

·
0 Posts
Anyone have any info on this?

I am thinking about getting one, too. I had one on my Celica, and it was great! I know that Toyota does not make one for the 2002-2005 models, and they would have to be aftermarket. Anyone had any experience with this? Do they make noise or make the sunroof leak?

Thanks!

·
Registered
875 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
My Rav4 came with the wind deflector...I have a 2004...I dunno about your models but the wind pressures up when I drive low speeds...like around 20 MPH..you feel a buzz in your ears...I cant speak for how it sounds with out it. Im not sure what it is, it could be the air displacement? And I don't really know what the purpose of the little plastic wing that pops up if the front of the sunroof is for.

View Photo Here!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Originally, I wanted the screw-on type too. I got a great deal for the tape on kind - $30 at some place in Los Angeles. I forget the name of it, but it's like an autozone kinda place. It fits perfectly. I find no need to ever take it off and it's shape is nicer than the screw-on type. The stock on is too angled. The aftermarket by Vent Visor is much more square and aggressive which complements nicely with the inherent lines of our cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts