Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed: those great extensions on the sun visor cannot be extended towards the center mirror. Even if they could go behind it, they would hit the roof console. Yes, they can block the sun when positioned along the side window so that's 1/2 right. But, one looking at the rearview mirror is rather important and it would be nice to have the sun blocked when it comes through the windshield right there. The Tundra works that way and Honda has even made a 3rd little fold down visor right above the mirror. Obviously the RAV 4.3 intereior design people did not consider this, even though the visor extension is a fairly common Toyota upgrade item.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that IS what the little black bits are for. But, gazing at something with many holes in it is not the prefered method of looking at the sun. That's just good enough for minimizing an accidental glance toward it. At least the little black dots ARE there. That is an improvement over the green or blue tint band from the "old days." Still, I prefer 100% blockage.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I believe those are designed only for when the visor is unlatched and moved to the side, my 99 camry's manual describes them in this way.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife's Honda is the same way. Visor extensions block rear view mirror. I've seen this in other cars too. unless the vehicle is really wide, you're going to see this in most cars. - J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts