Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

2007 Rav4 V6 2wd Sport.

What is it with these sun visors? As time goes on gravity is taking over! The one on the passenger side is hanging half way down. I have to tell any passenger to just swing the thing out of the way towards the passenger door so he / she can see clearly through the windshield. Mine on the driver's side is not as bad. Its hanging about to the top of my head. You can slam the things up as many times as you want but they will not stay up.

Didn't Toyota have some kind of issue with these sun visors years ago?

Any way, other than paying through the nose to Toyota to replace these things does anybody have any recommendations? I'm thinking of getting some velcro strips and using them..but I'd rather not.

Thank you for your suggestions.
-Gary

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Posted on 4.4 forum but vehicle is 2007 - maybe a moderator can move to the correct forum. No problems with the visors in my '11 RAV, either.

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
Moved to correct area. I've never looked but is there a tension screw that could be tightened or no?

Both of ours have had bluetooth devices (driver's side) for our phones hanging on them for years and haven't budged.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
All:

2007 Rav4 V6 2wd Sport.

What is it with these sun visors? As time goes on gravity is taking over! The one on the passenger side is hanging half way down. I have to tell any passenger to just swing the thing out of the way towards the passenger door so he / she can see clearly through the windshield. Mine on the driver's side is not as bad. Its hanging about to the top of my head. You can slam the things up as many times as you want but they will not stay up.

Didn't Toyota have some kind of issue with these sun visors years ago?

Any way, other than paying through the nose to Toyota to replace these things does anybody have any recommendations? I'm thinking of getting some velcro strips and using them..but I'd rather not.

Thank you for your suggestions.
-Gary
I seem to recall Camrys having that problem with sun visors but not RAVs.
How about trying a local body shop to see if they can find you some used ones and replace them for you. Or maybe they can get new ones cheaper than say, a dealer.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, our driver's side is janky af. I've been meaning to hit up some junkyards. Finally found myself at a big one a short time back for/with a friend and completely forgot... Duh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts