Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
I'm having major problems with my sunroof. I noticed that it was leaking and thought maybe it had something to do with the seals. When i took it to Toyota for them to check where the leak was coming from they told me that the glass has caved in and that its not a recall or warranty issue and that it was going to cost $AUD 1,500 to replace the glass.
Is anyone else having this problem??

·
Registered
875 Posts
of course it's a warranty issue! Head back there and talk to the big guy and yell if you have to. Second choice is to head to a different dealership. I've heard of this leaking roof thing before. i have yet to have it occur on mine, but if the guy admits that it's caving it....then duh!...it's entirely a warranty issue. go kick some butt and tell us what happens.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Unless warranties work differently in Australia, it's only a warranty issue if it happened during the warranty period.

Sunroof panels on the 2001-02 RAV were made out of some kind of plastic on North American models. You could always take it to a third-party sunroof installer to get a second opinion from someone who works with sunroofs frequently.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D
I took it to a panel beater yesterday and they managed to raise it back to level...tested it for leaks and NOTHING!! They said that if i do notice any leaking all they'll have to do is replace the seals, so i dont know why toyota we're going to chrage me so much as i only ended up paying my panel beater $AUD75!
So thats it i guess....problem solved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts