Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good or favorite sunscreen for their RAV4 2016/17? Thanks in advance!

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm trying to decide between several different sun shades for a 2017 RAV4 SE...

Covercraft - Part #UV11288SV ($49.43 + free shipping, Amazon Prime)
This one folds up so it should be easier to store, but I've seen more than a few people say that it doesn't fit very well. Some of the pictures on Amazon look pretty bad. So bad, in fact, that I'm wondering if they actually got the right shade for a RAV4.

Heatshield - Part #1650W (fits 2017 RAV4 w/Sensor) ($46.94 + free shipping, Ebay)
Rolls up for storage, which isn't ideal, but it appears to fit a lot better than the Covercraft one.

Auto Expressions Altus Platinum "Magic Shade" Jumbo Sunshade ($10.23 + free shipping, Amazon Prime)
Very inexpensive. These are kind of flimsy but if you get the correct size they usually work pretty well. They fold up really small and are easily slipped under a seat for storage. Not sure how well they work for keeping out heat vs the other two shades above. Not sure if this particular size is correct for a 2017 RAV4.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
See the model number of the Covercraft sunshade, in the two messages, before yours. It fits perfectly.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
What's up with the three reviewers on Amazon who say that it doesn't fit? Especially this one with pictures...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1PON2RQJDVJG3/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00CU4L78S
I looked at the review and photos, and they are not clear in showing much. What I can tell you, is the one I received is very good quality, will last the life of the vehicle, and fits exceptionally well. When installed, mine has no gaps, except for the expected area around the mirror. Most sun shades I have purchased in the past were generic, as far as fit was concerned, where this one appears specifically designed for the RAV4H 2016.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Covercraft UVS100 doesn't have a Trim Level option for the Hybrid SE (neither their website nor Amazon). Will selecting another trim level fit in the Hybrid SE?

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
As far as I know, the Covercraft UVS100 is designed for a brand and model number, but not a trim level. I have no reason to believe this sunshade would fit my Hybrid Limited, any different than a Hybrid SE, or XLE. If you have concerns, I would contact Covercraft, to clear up any questions. I continue to be very pleased with my Covercraft UVS100.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as I know, the Covercraft UVS100 is designed for a brand and model number, but not a trim level. I have no reason to believe this sunshade would fit my Hybrid Limited, any different than a Hybrid SE, or XLE. If you have concerns, I would contact Covercraft, to clear up any questions. I continue to be very pleased with my Covercraft UVS100.
And I would offer them Covercraft UVS100 fits my 2017 Rav4 Hybrid Limited perfectly. It's substantial, not at all flimsy, and I'm quite happy with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have the Covercraft UVS100, fits and works great. It folds up and comes with cover, you also have a choice of four or five colors. ��

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
We have the Covercraft UVS100, fits and works great. It folds up and comes with cover, you also have a choice of four or five colors. ��
Interesting. I purchased mine on Amazon, and the cover and choice of colors, was not an option. I probably would have chosen Silver anyway, since it is likely most effective at reflective sunlight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts