Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been driving my lovely new Hybrid for a little over two months and I love it! However, lately when it snows and I am stuck in stop and go traffic, the snow will set off my front parking sensors! Loud and piercing, I wipe them off, I mute them - it works for a couple of minutes at most...and starts up again. Anyone else have this issue? Do I really have to try to remember how to turn off all my sensors every time time we have weather?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Snowing here

Hi,

We are having an unseasonable snow right now. I see exactly what you are saying. Essentially none of the safety features are working right now. I was curious if you placed an actual complaint with Toyota. I am in the process of setting up a comp,aint about the vehicle through their contact us.

I hope they put a fix into it because it is a rather big nuisance.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I turned em off first time I went thru a carwash!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So Toyota is now responsible for the weather?:confused:
How is a camera, radar or ultrasonic sensor supposed to operate when its covered with ice? Has anyone read the disclaimers in the manual?

·
Registered
68 Posts
So Toyota is now responsible for the weather?:confused:
How is a camera, radar or ultrasonic sensor supposed to operate when its covered with ice? Has anyone read the disclaimers in the manual?
Maybe someone will invent a heater kit that can be installed, to melt the ice away from the sensors. It could be a challenge though, because a continuous blast of cold air and ice would be really hard to deal with without setting the car on fire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, not responsible for the weather but it would be nice if the sensors could tell the difference between a snowflake and a lamppost! And it's actually more dangerous to be distracted by trying to turn off noisy sensors every 5 seconds. ...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
No, not responsible for the weather but it would be nice if the sensors could tell the difference between a snowflake and a lamppost! And it's actually more dangerous to be distracted by trying to turn off noisy sensors every 5 seconds. ...
Most people would probably just turn off the system in bad weather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts