Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Toyota RAV4
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so here’s my plan.
I got a really good deal on a used supercharger for the 2AZ-FE engine, but currently it is just sitting in my garage. I was going to put it into my 05 RAV4, but I have been told that it just isn’t worth it. For it to even work, it would need upgrades engine components, as well as a full e85 conversion and tune. What do you guys think I should do? If I do install the supercharger, what engine components would you recommend I replace?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Maybe lower compression pistons? If it’s AWD I think the weak link will be the rear drive shaft or transfer case? But really Hell Yeah! Talk about a sleeper!!

·
Registered
2005 Toyota RAV4
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Maybe lower compression pistons? If it’s AWD I think the weak link will be the rear drive shaft or transfer case? But really Hell Yeah! Talk about a sleeper!!
It is an AWD, 2005 RAV4 sport edition. I can probably pull a better rear drive shaft and/or transfer case out of another rav, or find some better ones. I was already looking at getting some forged heads, anything else you would recommend? Also, what compression would you recommend, as I’ve head that stock compression handles these kinds of mods very well

·
Registered
486 Posts
I’m kinda new to RAV4’s...Tundras, 4Runners, older pickups, all have over built tough as hell drive lines! But the RAV4 seems to depart from that? The drive line to the rear on my daughters 4.3 looks kinda whimpy? Trip to a machine shop maybe? Just hard to say where the weak point will be? Your gonna find it!!

Tried a V8 dodge colt..RWD..first to go was the rear axels..Then the U joints..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Don't worry, the SC you have is already made for a stock 2AZ-FE found in the Scion TC. It only boost around 6 psi. There is no need to upgrade anything, except a tune for the engine control module. As for the drivetrain, it will survive. Many people swap 3S-GTE from Celica GT4 in their RAV4.1-RAV4.2.

I was looking myself for a used supercharger kit like you have.... but I never found one. So I bought a SC14 supercharger from a Toyota Previa, and I'm planning to fit it to my 2AZ in the next months.

Reactions: nevermind65
1 - 5 of 5 Posts