Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there's any supercharger kits for the Inline 4 base model engine. I wasn't patient enough to wait for the V6 and thought that the I-4 will be adequate enough. Apparently it's NOT! So I'm looking for ways to upgrade the motor without having to sacrifice the depreciation to trade in for a v6 :D

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
It's quite possible that the Scion tC's TRD supercharger can retro onto the RAV4's 2.4L, because they share the same engine... Not sure why it's limited to manual though... that could nix the idea :p

http://www.trdusa.com/tcsupercharger.asp

If you can't go with Toyota's (and the 12-month 12,000-mile warranty when dealer installed), I guess there's always aftermarket...

Used to be a supercharged RAV project by Sprintex in Australia and a turbo by Pettit Racing, but I'm not sure they exist anymore...

This guy even shoehorned a Celica All-Trac (GT4) engine into his RAV, turbo and all! Sweet ride!

·
Registered
682 Posts
The Sprintex supercharged RAV4 was a 4.1 model. It was stolen and burnt to the ground a few years ago. The Pettit turbo kit for the 4.1 was developed by AVO Australia. Pettit just put their name on it. There are a handful of these AVO RAVs in Oz.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seriously? i want the TRD supercharger....-_-

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you traded your I4 in for a V6 right now while it still has very low milage, it will probably cost you less than it would to hop up the I4. The V6 will probably last longer than a supercharged I4 as well. There's no replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
214 Posts
karrock said:
Not sure why it's limited to manual though... that could nix the idea
Typically it's because the auto tranny isn't "beefy" enough to handle it.

Ginger :

Trust me. If you find the power of the 4 inadequate in the new Highlander-sized 4.3, it would be much, much, much more to your advantage to "eat" the depreciation on trading it in at this point (or trying to sell it on your own) than it would be to hack up your new 2006 putting in a supercharger.

You would still spend about the same amount either way, but get 120 more STABLE (and warrantied) horsepower simply trading in your 4 for a 6.

Just my thought.

Wayne

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm hoping soon...seriously if there is one available from TRD i would buy it. LOL

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spyman said:
I'm hoping soon...seriously if there is one available from TRD i would buy it. LOL
LOL I seriously would buy it TO!! haha... we should start a petition to get one going !! lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
spyman said:
i've wrote an email to TRD before about parts for RAV4..

andy they respond with:

Thank you for your interest in TRD but there are no plans to offer performance parts for the 2006 RAV4.

:(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know what though, if they make one for the 3.5 engine for any of there new vehicles I dont see why we can't make it fit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts