Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a supercharger kit avail for the rav4 or maybe just the motor? and if so has anyone installed this before?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Superchargerfor the 3SFE engine? I don't think so slack31337. You can get a Turbo kit, but a SuCh kit is out of the question. Turbo kits you can check them on EBay, but you will have to be very careful. Read each and every detail. Toyomoto doesn't have it, Pettie Racing doesn't have it any longer. Check with http://www.homemadeturbo.com. I have one. Is it for sale? NO. Check with DJ Sueno, he can help you. He even has some parts for sale that might interest you.

BTW, if you would like to see my Turbo kit. Click on the cardomain link
V
V
V

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only problem w/ turbos is the lag and the piping involved I like the simplicity of the supercharger. Is there one avail for the other motor that everyone is talking about for swap?

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
slack31337 said:
the only problem w/ turbos is the lag and the piping involved I like the simplicity of the supercharger. Is there one avail for the other motor that everyone is talking about for swap?
If the proper turbo is selected, lag will not be an issue... even if there is lag it won't be noticeable, especially if you're used to driving naturally aspirated cars... :p

As for the simplicity, depending on what type of supercharger you get, installing a turbo kit will more likely be easier then installing a supercharger kit.... I have had experiencing with both... and if I had to install it myself, I would definitely choose turbo over supercharger.... Either one has it's pluses and minuses...

Just my .02 cents... 8)

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
slack31337 said:
is there a supercharger kit avail for the RAV4 or maybe just the motor? and if so has anyone installed this before?
well, really, there might be a Supercharger kit for the 3SFE engine. Let me make clear that this kit is meant for the Camry 5SFE engine. I once posted a question regarding RAV4s, and it started a storm. Check the Forum on this link.

http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_list_details.asp?menuid=3&productId=248

Aha, guys, you can stop drooling now. :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think I found a supercharger kit on eBay

Check out this link

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110069554075&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:CA:1#ebayphotohosting

The seller says:

The years are listed in the auction page:
1996-2006 Rav4 (2.0L, 2.4L, 3.5)
The IAT mod fools the PCM to believe that the air temp. is colder which requires more fuel (IAT MOD) and the extra fuel is combined with the Xtra air needed to burn the fuel. (S/charger).
The kit is made based on a stock engine install.
Your filter box/airbox will be obsolete and removal is required for space reasons.
The installation is simple, its just basic work with household tools, screwdriver, wrench, etc. & then some basic wiring it takes about 45 min. for some people 1 hr. or more for others.
Most of our buyers install this kit themselves or with some help of a friend.

Does anyone have this one or any other turbo or super charer kit in their 4.1?[/url]

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Bulldog5 said:
I think I found a supercharger kit on eBay

Check out this link

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110069554075&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:CA:1#ebayphotohosting

The seller says:

The years are listed in the auction page:
1996-2006 Rav4 (2.0L, 2.4L, 3.5)
The IAT mod fools the PCM to believe that the air temp. is colder which requires more fuel (IAT MOD) and the extra fuel is combined with the Xtra air needed to burn the fuel. (S/charger).
The kit is made based on a stock engine install.
Your filter box/airbox will be obsolete and removal is required for space reasons.
The installation is simple, its just basic work with household tools, screwdriver, wrench, etc. & then some basic wiring it takes about 45 min. for some people 1 hr. or more for others.
Most of our buyers install this kit themselves or with some help of a friend.

Does anyone have this one or any other turbo or super charer kit in their 4.1?[/url]
Guys, guys, guys! We are more intelligent then this sucker punch. Don't you know the RAV4 slogan; "It's for intelligent people" I said it once, I'll say it again:

Don't touch it with a ten foot pole. Don't be a guinea pig either. Use the money for something that has been proven already. If that gadget would be of any good. Do you think it would be known by now.

Better yet, got to a salvage yard and rip a blower from under the dash of any import, same thing. This is a quick fix for nothing. Don't fall for it. :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
There is one available for the 5SFE what could be used ont he 3SFE, but it costs as much as a whole 3s-GTE turbo engine.

http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_list.asp?menuid=3&vehcId=18

EDIT: Woops I see that was already posted. Now if you have a buddy with a CNC machine then one could pick up a used supercharger off say a smashed Cobalt SS and make it work, but if you had to pay retail for everything it's always going to work out to $3000+.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts