Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, was hoping someone could help steer me in the right direction in regards of parts to buy for a full update of the suspension in my 03 AWD.

Backstory is that ride quality has gone down; I started to drive for uber back in december and it seems like the wonderfully kept streets of Milwaukee have sped up the process of wearing out my suspension.

Anyway, I have already bought a set of complete KYB strut/shock replacements for the front, as well as new Bilstein rear shocks and Moog rear springs. First question being, does anyone know if the Bilsteins come with the requisite mounting hardware? Luckily since they are due to arrive first I'll have time to get the supplies needed. So if they don't, what bushings do I need for their install in the rear, other than these potentially.

Moving back to the front, other than the struts/shocks, what bushings should be replaced? I was really hoping someone who had done somethings like this before could give me a list of parts I should buy. There's a bewildering array of different parts and I'm not 100% sure which ones I would need. Would replacing the control arm be a good idea? I was thinking some of the ride quality degradation could stem from the bushings in the control arm possibly. I have my eye on a set of them by ACdelco these here. If so, would it be difficult to install? Also if I replaced the control arm, should I attempt the ball joint? Then the sway bar links ( 2 of these?)/sway bar (2 of these?), I see that they're only $27 on amazon, should I just go ahead and buy a pair and replace them while I'm at it?

Hopefully someone could help me out! Also to clarify, although it may seem like I have no idea what I'm doing I am an expert in getting a general idea of what I need to do and carrying out the job and have kept my rav in tip-top shape at minimal cost by doing so!

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts