Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 RAV4 4 cylinder 125K ( most miles city). Wife describe a banging noise from the front right wheel. I grabbed the wheel and shook it and hear a banging noise. Thought it must be bearing , so took wheel off and there is no play in hub, but I noticed the rubber coming apart in the lower suspension arm. Remove and replace instructions say to support engine. Anyone have this done or did it themselves? Checking on parts?

Picture is upside down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Closer inspection of the lower control arm is just cracked no chunks. The wheel lug nuts were not the that tight from the last rotation/balance.
Sound seems to be coming from the upper part of strut on only passenger side.

·
Registered
162 Posts
2010 RAV4 4 cylinder 125K ( most miles city). Wife describe a banging noise from the front right wheel. I grabbed the wheel and shook it and hear a banging noise. Thought it must be bearing , so took wheel off and there is no play in hub, but I noticed the rubber coming apart in the lower suspension arm. Remove and replace instructions say to support engine. Anyone have this done or did it themselves? Checking on parts?

Picture is upside down.
yep....done it......no, on engine support instructions, just use 12"x12" 3/4" plwood under oil pan to jack/raise slightly to get frame-bolt out....right side should be the oil pan side, left is the trans-pan....that side you will need to drain/drop the trans-pan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts