Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember if I asked this before, but here it is again... i want a boat like ride and was wondering if i can just change the shock or coil over or both to achieve it... i don't want my car to lift or lower...

·
Registered
43 Posts
aha! A kindred soul. :)

We both want the same thing and I have asked this same question here and in other forums.

I would still like to hear the answers from this group but from what I've gathered, aside from OEM parts, there are very little aftermarket suspension for the RAV that does not lift or lower or stiffen. But please correct me if I am wrong.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought some new KONI adjustable shocks, which you can buy too. Adjust it to the SOFTEST ride and should be better, and maybe run your tires a bit low ie 26PSI. Which will wear down your tires a bit faster then normal in most cases.. Other then that, You cant expect your Rav4 to do what LINCOLN TOWN CAR does to your ride comfort !!!

PS: I can sea (car sick) when im in a soft car like that. Its just me. hahaha :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
soft ride

I have found on some cars if you put grease into the rubber bearings for the front and back stabiliser bars that the ride can improve enourmously without altering the safety of the car. It is simple to remove the clamps and slip out the rubber, make sure you use rubber grease or grease that wont deteriorate the rubber.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts