Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 2012 limited and it felt squishy and boat-like, compared to our 14 ecobox sorento. It reminded me of a 90's sedan. Is the sport and limited suspension interchangeable? Search lead me nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
The Base and Limited have the same suspension. The Sport has a very firm sporty suspension. The Sport has firmer coil springs and shocks and is equipped with with 235/55/18 tires. If you like a very firm riding sporty car the Sport is it. If you want you can put the Sport coil and shocks on the Limited or Base model. I have the Sport and I can say the ride is normal on very smooth roads but on pot holes and very bumpy roads it sucks. Thankfully where I live they upgraded the main roads in my neighbourhood 4 years ago so it is now more enjoyable. The Sport handles very well and if you are driving very fast on sharp bends on the highway it is quite good. Test drive a Sport to find out and try it with the V6.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Base and Limited have the same suspension. The Sport has a very firm sporty suspension. The Sport has firmer coil springs and shocks and is equipped with with 235/55/18 tires. If you like a very firm riding sporty car the Sport is it. If you want you can put the Sport coil and shocks on the Limited or Base model. I have the Sport and I can say the ride is normal on very smooth roads but on pot holes and very bumpy roads it sucks. Thankfully where I live they upgraded the main roads in my neighbourhood 4 years ago so it is now more enjoyable. The Sport handles very well and if you are driving very fast on sharp bends on the highway it is quite good. Test drive a Sport to find out and try it with the V6.
Cool, sounds good. All I'm used to is cars and trucks with stiff suspensions. There is nothing but limiteds around here with the v6. Most of the are in terrible shape.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Cool, sounds good. All I'm used to is cars and trucks with stiff suspensions. There is nothing but limiteds around here with the v6. Most of the are in terrible shape.

Sounds like the Sport is the model you should get but like I said the Limited or Base models suspension can be upgraded with the Sport coil and struts/shocks. Just be patient and look until you find a good condition one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
DL175
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing