Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what suspension components are in the RAV? coilovers? struts and prings (seperate)? I also wanted to know what parts can be replaced or added to increase the handling, such as strut tower bars, tie rods, etc. Any help is very much appreciated.

Ive decided to make that one of my first projects for the RAV, ive just gotten really tired of how soft the stock toyota suspension is, WAY too much body roll in corners for my liking.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
If someone in this forum has the opportunity of developing his RAV4 is you. I see you’re from Florida. Check with Toyomoto.

For suspension, you can find a ton on the net. You can check on EBay and also performanceproducts.com in Van Nuys, CA.

You can get Eibach Springs at 276.95 a set. They also have Bilstein. For more shocks and springs, check tirerack.com. Suspension components like bushings etc. Go to Energysuspensin.com. Here you will find some neat polyurethane bushings. Parts number: [for 96 to 98 RAV4.1]

Front End Control Arm Bushing Set 8.3113
Rear End Control Are Bushing Set 8.3114
Front Sway Bar Bushing set 25mm 9.5129
Tie Rod Boots 9.13101
Rear Axle Bump Stop set 9.9135
Rear Coil spring Isolator set 9.6101

Where to buy these? Check with Summit Racing.

Anti-sway bars, well, I got the front TRD bar from Kelly. [Yep, this forum administrator and founder :lol: ] I've seen this bar once on EBay, I've haven't seen it after that. Check with Brandsport.com. [good luck] The TRD Front anti-sway bar is the same diameter as the stock bar. But I’ve found it to be a lot more rigged. I took one end of the stock bar and taped it on a cement floor. It vibrated a lot, it even wiggled. I did the same thing with the TRD bar; it was a solid thumps no vibration and no wiggle at all. You do have to modify it. By drilling a larger hole to be able to mate it with the OEM suspension stud. Level of dificulty, 1 RAV4. :lol:

Rear Anti-sway Bar, check with Addco, very easy to install, and it's worth it's value in gold. Just point to where you want to go, and step on the gas. You RAV4 will go wherever you point it to go.

The Top Tower Bar will also help, I think Brandsport.com has it.

Hope this helps :wink:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, yeah that did help a lot. Ridgedness isnt a problem, my newer car (2002 subaru WRX) i've been developing into a track-rally hybrid, so im used to its super ridiged frame and adjustable suspension.

I also wanted to ask, is there any susupesion from any other car that can fit on the RAV4? Im asking this because the company that makes my rally-tuned suspension doesent carry a kit for the RAV4 (who woulda thought....)

Does anyone have (or has seen) the Tein suspension for RAV4's? I cant seem to find any pictures or reviews...

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
The Drifter said:
Wow, yeah that did help a lot. Ridgedness isnt a problem, my newer car (2002 subaru WRX) i've been developing into a track-rally hybrid, so im used to its super ridiged frame and adjustable suspension.

I also wanted to ask, is there any susupesion from any other car that can fit on the RAV4? Im asking this because the company that makes my rally-tuned suspension doesent carry a kit for the RAV4 (who woulda thought....)

I don't think so. Unless the AllTrac might, but I doubt it.

Does anyone have (or has seen) the Tein suspension for RAV4's? I cant seem to find any pictures or reviews...
Check in Germany :?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I've also found this that might interest you. Once you are there, type RAV4 in search. It will take you to the only parts Toysport have for the RAV4. Stainless Steel Brake Lines, an HKS muffler kit, and a TEIN suspension kit that will lower your suspension 3 inches in the front and 2 in the rear. :wink:

http://www.toyhookup.com/store/Scripts/prodList.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts